NERCHA shall coordinate and facilitate the National Multisectoral response to the HIV/AIDS epidemic and in particular shall:
- convert the strategies of Swaziland National Strategic Plan for HIV/AIDS into action plans;
- coordinate and assist in the effective implementation of plans in response to the epidemic;
- manage the HIV/AIDS Emergency Fund and any other fund that may be established by council;
- periodically review and develop HIV/AIDS related policies and technical guidelines and make recommendations to council;
- mobilize, receive, manage and allocate recourses, from government and other sources, in the line with its budget and action plan;
- facilitate information sharing on local and international best practices among all sectors of society as considered appropriate; and
- monitor and evaluate projects funded by council in the national response to the epidemic.